2021 Call for Submissions
SNAP is excited to invite all Members to participate in the 2021 SNAP Members Show & Sale! We are doing both an online and in-gallery show and sale this year with the Online Shop opening on November 13th 2021 and the Gallery Exhibition taking place between December 4th-18th 2021.
All funds raised from this annual sale support and sustain SNAP’s exhibitions and education programming and your support is a vital part of our continued success as an organization. The SNAP Members Show & Sale is an important community event, bringing together new prints from SNAP members and the broader community of patrons and supporters.
This annual event provides an excellent opportunity for SNAP members to sell their work and for the public to purchase quality prints from local artists. All sales will be split 50/50 between the artist and SNAP or 100% can be donated to SNAP in support of our year end fundraising goal. We are grateful to our members for taking part in the sale and making a charitable contribution and your support is all the more appreciated as we wrap up another challenging year for all. Works will be available for purchase at the price you set both through our website and in-person at the gallery.
We encourage all SNAP Artist Members to submit up to five works. Multiples available of the same edition will count as one work. The event promotes the purchase of art as gifts, so prints priced between $50 and $500, framed and ready to hang are ideal. Artists set the price of their own work. If you have any questions about pricing, please contact us.
SNAP will be accepting your ONLINE FORM submissions on an ongoing basis UNTIL SATURDAY OCTOBER 30th. Please arrange to deliver your prints to the gallery during regular office hours between Saturday, October 30th – Saturday, November 6th.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Once you’ve decided what to submit, fill out this form with up to 5 different works. Multiples of one print will be considered one work.
2. Please submit 1 photo or scan of the work as a .jpeg in this form under each work. Filename format should be YourName_TitleofWork and should be minimum 300dpi resolution. We will be using these images directly on the online sale website.
3. Make sure to drop off the work between Saturday, October 30 and Saturday, November 06 2021.
4. Look forward to seeing your work at the Members Show & Sale!
5. Unsold works can be picked up on Saturday December 18th before the holiday closure OR between January 4th-8th 2021.
Works must be ready to hang: framed work tends to sell better but work backed with matboard and clear cello-wrapped in a protective sleeve is also acceptable. SNAP retains the right to refuse any works that do not meet these presentation standards. Please feel free to call the Gallery at 780.423.1492 or email [email protected] with any questions. We look forward to seeing your amazing prints!
Images of Work
This year we are asking artists to supply a high resolution Jpeg file (photo or scan) of your work for the online store component of the sale. See guidelines below for how to upload images of your work. If obtaining good quality images of your prints creates a challenge for you – we are happy to help! Please drop off your works early before the deadline so we can arrange documentation.
- High resolution 300 dpi minimum, jpeg only
- Recommend using a DSLR or any high res digital camera and a 50mm lens to avoid image distortion
- Cropped to show only image
- Accurate colour depiction, clear lighting
- No shadows or anything obscuring the image
- To avoid glare, take photos of the prints without glass or plexi (Tip: taking the photo before you frame your print works best!)
- Name file: YourName_TitleofWork
- See example below of a well photographed and edited print
- Please note: SNAP is happy to help photograph prints, please email us if you require assistance!