Take a virtual tour of the new facility
The Society of Northern Alberta Print-artists (SNAP) is a not-for-profit, artist-run centre, and a registered charity* incorporated under the Societies Act of Alberta.
*(Registration No. 12293 0019 RR0001)
Vision: SNAP is a diverse collective of artists, members, and patrons who strive to connect with and create contemporary culture through the fine art of printmaking.
Mission: SNAP provides accessible and inclusive opportunities for creative practice, exhibitions, learning, and building community.
Values: We believe that printmaking is a vital form of contemporary art and that, through the arts, we can build diverse, creative, and engaged communities.
Accessibility & Equity
Community & Collaboration
Mentorship & Education
Mandate: SNAP is a non-profit artist run centre dedicated to printmaking in all of its traditional and contemporary forms, carrying out the following:
- Maintains a publicly accessible printmaking studio facility to enable artists and members of the community to work in a creative environment that is safe and inclusive.
- Programs a public gallery featuring print and print-related works by local, national, and international artists.
- Offers a wide range of public educational programs in the processes of printmaking and related media.
- Connects with the larger arts and culture community in Edmonton and beyond through a publications program.
- Produces community events and outreach programming in cooperation with other organizations and partners.
We’re proud of our roots
In 1982, a handful of artists established SNAP as an independent, cooperatively-run fine art printshop in the historic Great West Saddlery Building, in central Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. SNAP‘s mandate is to promote, facilitate and communicate printmaking as an art form. In 1996 SNAP opened a gallery. In 2000, the society built its own gallery, the SNAP Gallery, which exhibits print and print-related art. In that year SNAP also added its second printshop.
Board of Directors
Director (Student Rep.)
Gordon R. Johnston
SNAP Standing Committees
Special Events: Chelsey Campbell, Fren Mah, Mitchell Chalifoux, Jessica Hong, Darcy Paterson, Marie Winters, Piyush Patel, Alyson Davies, Janet Kwan, Shenali Weera
SNAPline Publication: Charlie Crittenden, Cindy Couldwell, Carolyn Jervis, Sergio Serrano, Alex Keays
Printshop: Megan Stein, Sara Norquay, Erica Vaskevicius, Sally Mayne
SNAP is a non-profit artist run-centre and a CRA designated charity. We are grateful for the support of our donors as your charitable donations enable SNAP to thrive. Additionally, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do without the help of volunteers and members. If you are interested in the arts and are in a position to contribute, get involved with SNAP!