SNAP Scholarships 2019
SNAP scholarships are intended for artists and individuals who might otherwise be unable to access our courses but whose creative practice would benefit from the instruction and technical skill building provided from taking a printmaking course at SNAP.
SNAP will provide up to ten spots in our classes and workshops each year, free-of-cost, to scholarship applicants. SNAP printmaking classes and workshops are offered on a cost recovery basis and range in price based on materials required and the number of instructional hours. Our workshops and course fees range from $75 – $400. A SNAP scholarship will cover the full cost of the course instruction and the basic material fees for the duration of the course.
To apply for a SNAP scholarship we ask individuals to email their application materials at least one month (4 weeks) prior to the start date of the desired course. If the course is full or the dedicated scholarship spots have been awarded, the application will be reconsidered in the following session. All applicants will be notified of their application status.
- Describe your artistic practice, interests, and/or artistic goals (up to 500 words, casual language preferred)
- State which upcoming SNAP course you want to attend. (Please confirm your availability to attend all scheduled classes as listed before requesting a scholarship for a specific course).
- Combined household income last year (indicate one):
- Less than $25,000
- Between $25,000 – $35,000
- Between $35,000 – $55,000
- Between $55,000 – $75,000
- More than $75,000
- 5 images of existing artworks (does not have to be printmaking related)
- One personal or professional reference (could be a general letter of recommendation or contact information for a reference)
- Anything else you would like us to consider?
SNAP programming staff are happy to meet in person to discuss your artistic goals. We will accommodate your preferences for the application requirements as necessary. If you have questions about applying for a SNAP scholarship or would like advice or support please contact us:
SNAP courses are designed for individuals 18 years of age or older and instruction is delivered in English. Accommodation can be made for youth 16+ with a legal guardian waiver signed. Many printmaking processes are physically demanding and can require standing for up to 3 hours, upper body/arm strength, and some manual dexterity in the hands. SNAP staff are happy to provide advice and/or support to individuals requiring physical or other accommodation in our studio, we encourage you to be in touch with any questions and to discuss your individual needs.