Queen Mary Park Poster Project
Posted: Sep 26, 2020 in News
Call for Artists!
SNAP is launching a poster-making project! We are looking for three artists in the Queen Mary Park community to each create a community minded poster. These posters can be anything text or image based, focusing on the needs, wants, or sentiments of artists in the community. SNAP would provide space, materials, one on one mentorship in screen printing, a $500.00 artist fee, and support in taping the posters up in the legal postering zones in our neighborhood. The goal of this project would be to connect with artists in the Queen Mary Park neighborhood, while sharing in public, arts-based community connection in this time of distancing!
- – We are looking for up to three artists living in, or with connections to the Queen Mary Park neighborhood, to design and screenprint a community-minded poster!
- – No prior printmaking experience is required. As part of this project, SNAP will provide one on one mentorship and support.
- – The poster project will span the months of October, November, and December of 2020.
- – An artist fee of $500.00 will be paid to each poster artist, and SNAP will provide space, supplies, and guidance as needed.
Here are some things to include in your application:
- – An artist bio
- – 5-10 Images of past work
- – A description of your relationship to community, and a flexible poster project description.
Please reach out to [email protected] with any interest or questions by Wednesday, October 7th.