Wednesdays, October 5 – November 9, 2022
Instructor: Emily Hayes// instagram: @3milyhayes
6pm – 9pm
$330 (all supplies are included)
SNAP members receive a 10% discount when logged in
In-person course held at SNAP
SNAP members receive a 10% discount
In-person course held at SNAP
Learn to silkscreen! This popular printmaking technique can transform any drawing into graphic and colourful prints. This 6-week class is your chance to learn how to transfer images onto screens, make stencils, mix inks and layer colours, register images, and print your final images. Students will create multiple colour images and print on paper while learning safe studio procedures from artist Emily Hayes. This course will prepare you with the skills necessary to create your own prints and to independently use the silkscreen facilities at SNAP.
*No experience is necessary, this course is recommended for beginner and intermediate artists. All ability levels are encouraged to register.
**Please note this class is for creating screen prints on paper and not on fabric; however the skills taught during the class are transferable to fabric printing.
For SNAP courses we ask that participants are 16 years of age and up. Registrants under the age of 18 require a liability waiver signed by a legal guardian. Please email [email protected] the name and age of any participants under the age of 18 and to obtain the necessary waiver form.
For any participants under the age of 16 who are interested in taking a course at SNAP, please be in touch with [email protected] and we may be able to accommodate if a parent/guardian is present with the under age participant.
SNAP Cancelation Policy
In light of COVID-19 SNAP has adjusted the Education Cancelation Policy to ensure all individuals will remain at home when feeling unwell, this includes staff, instructors, and students. If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or are ill you must not come to SNAP, please inform SNAP Staff so we can discuss possible alternatives for your registered program.
If you need to cancel your course registration:
When possible SNAP prefers that individuals give written (email) notice to [email protected] 7 days in advance of the course start date in order to receive a full refund.
Please see our full cancelation policy here: snapartists.com/education/cancellation-policy/
SNAP has implemented a number of health and safety measures to protect all users:
– All users will maintain physical distancing whenever possible. Class layout and structure has been modified to accommodate 6 feet distance as much as possible.
– Masks are highly recommended at SNAP and will be worn by staff, renters, instructors, and students at all times indoors. If you do not have a mask one will be provided for your use at SNAP.
– Tools will be supplied as a kit for students when possible. Other shared items will be sanitized between uses by all users.
– Sanitizing and cleaning measures are in place, sanitization supplies are provided throughout the printshop. Staff and instructors will sanitize all common touch surfaces before and after each class session.
– Class sizes have been reduced to allow for physical distancing and to minimize the number of people in the printshop at a time. Renters will not be permitted in common spaces during class times.
– A reduced number of in person classes will be offered and programming will not be run simultaneously.
No Spots Left