Screen in my Studio: Monotype Extravaganza
Saturday & Sunday, May 6 & 7, 2023
Instructor: Robin Smith-Peck
10am – 5pm
$250 (all supplies included)
SNAP members receive a 10% discount
In-person workshop held at SNAP
This comprehensive weekend workshop is an opportunity for all artists to try out screen print as a mark making tool to be incorporated with painting, drawing and sculpture under the expert guidance of artist Robin Smith-Peck. No prior experience is necessary and participants are welcome to bring any substrates (from canvas to metal sheets) that they are interested in screening on – think of artists like Rauschenberg and Laura Owens who incorporate screenprinting into their practice. Participants will focus on monoprinting with some basic intro to stencil making – generally it’s an opportunity to experiment and expand their visual vocabulary.
*No experience is necessary, this workshop is recommended for beginner and intermediate artists. All ability levels are encouraged to register.
For SNAP courses we ask that participants are 16 years of age and up. Registrants under the age of 18 require a liability waiver signed by a legal guardian. Please email [email protected] the name and age of any participants under the age of 18 and to obtain the necessary waiver form.
For any participants under the age of 16 who are interested in taking a course at SNAP, please be in touch with [email protected] and we may be able to accommodate if a parent/guardian is present with the under age participant.
SNAP Cancelation Policy
In light of COVID-19 SNAP has adjusted the Education Cancelation Policy to ensure all individuals will remain at home when feeling unwell, this includes staff, instructors, and students. If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or are ill you must not come to SNAP, please inform SNAP Staff so we can discuss possible alternatives for your registered program.
If you need to cancel your course registration:
When possible SNAP prefers that individuals give written (email) notice to [email protected] 7 days in advance of the course start date in order to receive a full refund.
Please see our full cancelation policy here: snapartists.com/education/cancellation-policy/
SNAP is pleased to offer scholarship opportunities to individuals for whom the costs of printmaking courses are a barrier. SNAP scholarships are intended for artists and individuals who would otherwise be unable to access our courses but whose creative practice would benefit from the high quality instruction and technical skill building provided from taking a printmaking course at SNAP.
SNAP printmaking classes and workshops are offered on a cost recovery basis and range in price based on materials and duration. A SNAP scholarship will cover the full cost of the course instruction and the basic material fee. For more information and application guidelines, please head to https://snapartists.com/education/scholarships/
SNAP has implemented a number of health and safety measures to protect all users:
– All users will maintain physical distancing whenever possible. Class layout and structure has been modified to accommodate 6 feet distance as much as possible.
– Masks are highly recommended at SNAP and will be worn by staff, renters, instructors, and students at all times indoors. If you do not have a mask one will be provided for your use at SNAP.
– Tools will be supplied as a kit for students when possible. Other shared items will be sanitized between uses by all users.
– Sanitizing and cleaning measures are in place, sanitization supplies are provided throughout the printshop. Staff and instructors will sanitize all common touch surfaces before and after each class session.
– Class sizes have been reduced to allow for physical distancing and to minimize the number of people in the printshop at a time. Renters will not be permitted in common spaces during class times.
– A reduced number of in person classes will be offered and programming will not be run simultaneously.
If you believe you are seeing this message in error, please contact us.