Print Sampler: An Introduction to Printmaking
Tuesdays, November 7 – December 12
Instructor: Andrew Thorne //andrewthorneart.com
6 Tuesdays | 6pm – 9pm
$330 (all supplies are included)
SNAP members receive a 10% discount
In-person course held at SNAP
Wondering which print medium is for you? If all of the techniques sound exciting then this six-week Print Sampler course is a great place to start. In this fast-paced course you will get a hands-on taste of: Intaglio, Relief, and Silkscreen and will have projects that focus on creating imagery through a variety of techniques and processes. Artist Andrew Thorne’s knowledge and passion for printmaking will allow students to gain experience in and understanding of formal techniques and primary fundamentals of numerous print processes. Come away with three final print projects. This course is a perfect choice for those beginning in print, as a lead up for taking further courses that SNAP offers.
*No experience is necessary, this course is recommended for beginner and intermediate artists. All ability levels are encouraged to register.
For SNAP courses we ask that participants are 16 years of age and up. Registrants under the age of 18 require a liability waiver signed by a legal guardian. Please email [email protected] the name and age of any participants under the age of 18 and to obtain the necessary waiver form.
For any participants under the age of 16 who are interested in taking a course at SNAP, please be in touch with [email protected] and we may be able to accommodate if a parent/guardian is present with the under age participant.
SNAP Cancelation Policy
In light of COVID-19 SNAP has adjusted the Education Cancelation Policy to ensure all individuals will remain at home when feeling unwell, this includes staff, instructors, and students. If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or are ill you must not come to SNAP, please inform SNAP Staff so we can discuss possible alternatives for your registered program.
If you need to cancel your course registration:
When possible SNAP prefers that individuals give written (email) notice to [email protected] 7 days in advance of the course start date in order to receive a full refund.
Please see our full cancelation policy here: snapartists.com/education/cancellation-policy/
SNAP has implemented a number of health and safety measures to protect all users:
– All users will maintain physical distancing whenever possible. Class layout and structure has been modified to accommodate 6 feet distance as much as possible.
– Masks are highly recommended at SNAP and will be worn by staff, renters, instructors, and students at all times indoors. If you do not have a mask one will be provided for your use at SNAP.
– Tools will be supplied as a kit for students when possible. Other shared items will be sanitized between uses by all users.
– Sanitizing and cleaning measures are in place, sanitization supplies are provided throughout the printshop. Staff and instructors will sanitize all common touch surfaces before and after each class session.
– Class sizes have been reduced to allow for physical distancing and to minimize the number of people in the printshop at a time. Renters will not be permitted in common spaces during class times.
– A reduced number of in person classes will be offered and programming will not be run simultaneously.
Only 6 left