Please schedule an interview and orientation by emailing the Printshop and Programs Coordinator: [email protected]. New or returning renter orientation takes between 45 – 60 minutes and will cover the Printshop and Safety Orientation and go over the Rental Agreement. At the time of the interview, artists must show technical proficiency and be prepared to discuss their planned use for shop equipment.
At the Admissions Interview and Orientation the Printshop and Programs Coordinator will grant access based on the applicant’s skills and experience. Renters will fall under two access categories:
- Open Studio or day use only during office hours Tuesday to Saturday 11:00 – 6:00 pm (hours are subject to change and are posted on the Printshop and Programs Coordinator’s office door).
- Granted to a renter that has limited printmaking experience.
- 24hr access, 7 days a week.
- Granted to a renter with a minimum of a Bachelor of Fine Arts (with a specialization in Printmaking) or recent similar experience working in a communal Printshop. Proven proficiency learned through a number of SNAP 6 and 8 week classes or Apprenticeships.
- The decision of the Printshop and Programs Coordinator is final. Applicants may reapply if needed six months from first application. Applicants are encouraged to take an Education Program at SNAP or attend Open Studio to improve their skills and experience.