10572 115 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5H 3K6
SNAPline invites you to submit a story of 500 words (or less) to our 2020 Flash Fiction Contest, with the top two stories to be published in our last issue of the year. We want encapsulated narratives that give us a vivid dose of the unexpected with words that are few yet ripe.
Deadline: 11:59 PM, October 1, 2020
Submit to [email protected] with the subject “SNAPline Flash Fiction Contest”
No entry fee
Your entry must:
– Take Daniel Evan’s print Pauca Sed Matura (pictured) as a starting point
– Answer the question, “Where do we go from here?”
[Image description of the print] the image is of a black and white etching in portrait orientation. The etching shows a tall floating tower that looks like it’s made of several different mansions, apartments and other buildings fused together in parts. Several windows, porches and arches of different architectural styles cover every side, and the tower is many storeys high. The base of the tower ends in a tangle of what looks like roots or tentacles hanging down as it floats. The background is a cloudy grey sky, with no land in sight.
– 1st place: $50, 2020.3 SNAPline limited edition print, publication in 2020.3 issue
– 2nd place: $25, publication in 2020.3 issue
– Shortlist: publication online at snapartists.com/snapline/
– Every contestant (who gives us their address): a free copy of SNAPline 2020.3 in the mail!